The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

Gator Swim Team Ends on a High Note

This winter, the Gators swim team has been putting in a lot of hard work. The team’s numerous weeks of practice have started to pay off as the season comes to a close. Leading up to state the boys did a great job at HAC breaking the boys 400 free relay school record. Mason Orr, Ezekiel Menter, Garrett Kocian, Jacob Korth, Noah Neemann, Logan Cammarano, and Camden McCarthy all made it to state for the boys team. Mason Orr got 12th in one event in state and said his goal for next year is to get top 5.

The Girls also did great at HAC breaking the girls 400 free relay school record as well. Mai Jacobo also set a school record in the girls 200 IM. “We didn’t do the best at state but it was still a great experience,” Mai Jacobo said. Jacobo continued, “One goal for next year would be to have more team chemistry and include everybody more.” Throughout this season the team also made lots of memories along the way. Some of their favorite memories were team dinners, state, the bus rides, and all the swim meets they got to enjoy with their friends.