The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

Bringing in the Winter Sports

Hey Gators, guess what time it is? Winter Sports time! As the 23-24 season has started many sports have started practices and getting ready for the season. Many teams have also started to have games and meets. 

Boys and Girls Basketball season started last week with their first Early Bird Classic games against Bellevue West. As the first games of the season all teams really showed out and had a great start to the season. They also had more Early Bird games on Saturday against many different schools. The first home games of the season are coming up too on Thursday December 7th  against the Norfolk Panthers. 

Swim & Dive started their season last week with their first meet here at North Star against many different schools. For the teams first meet of the season they pulled through and did their best. Dive Coach John Fleming said, “I love to see the experienced divers working with the newer ones.  They are super supportive and working hard together.  We are developing great team chemistry.”

Girls and Boys Wrestling is starting off their season with their first invitational and tournaments being last week against many different schools. They have been working hard and are hoping for a very good season this year. Coming up on Friday the Wrestling Boys have their first Varsity Dual against North Platte. 

The North Star Winter Sports are always a hit here at North Star. The student section at Basketball games is always hype and every student and teacher that comes to support really shows their support for all teams. Winter sports really bring out the school spirit in everyone and it is such a different vibe than fall sports.