The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

UNL Basketball Player Inspires North Star Students
Ruby Swanson, Staff • May 1, 2024
North Star FBLA Leaves Impact at State Business Conference
Ezekiel Menter, Photo Editor • April 29, 2024
Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024

Getting to Know Coach Domeier

A new head track coach for the Gators

Coach Sara Domeier, the new head track and field coach made history this season. Domeier is the first female head coach for a dual (boys and girls) program in Class A ever in Nebraska history. Domeier is not new to the North Star coaching staff, she has worked alongside Coach Matt Musiel for the last 20 years. With this new position Domeier has taken on she was asked questions so we can better get to know her. 

1. What’s your favorite part about coaching? My favorite part about coaching is watching the student athletes grow not only in the sport but in life, it is an honor to be a part of such important years. These relationships mean the world to me!
  1. Why did you choose to take over as the head track and field coach/ go for this coaching position? Coach Musiel is one of my best friends whom I have coached with and known the last 20 years, it was obvious to me to keep the rich traditions going besides my loyalties and love for LNS Track and Field. 
  2. How does it feel being the first female head track and field coach in North Star history? Fun Fact… I am the first woman head coach for a dual (boys and girls) program in Class A ever in the state’s history… to answer that is to say I am honored and determined to leave my legacy and hoping it opens more doors for other women to do it!
  3. What’s a piece of advice you have for your athletes when competing in an event? And what’s another piece of advice you should use as they prepare for the future? It seems each meet and sometimes each individual has different needs therefore needs different advice. I try to be very specific to those needs and what works for each athlete. My overall advice is always to know that they did their very best with no regrets and no matter what they learn from it not to have a negative reaction. As far as their future, there are a couple that I say often and some are: “it is not what you say but how you say it” “communication rules the world” “remember the golden rule – to treat others how you want to be treated” and assume good intentions.
  4. What has been your favorite part about this season so far? So far my favorite part of the season has been watching the team embrace new traditions and rise to the expectations that have been put forth. We win together, lose together and compete together each time choosing a strong sense of team to start our meet with the team warmup and end it with breaking it down too. They have done this and it is amazing to watch!!