The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Istoria recieves a SUPERIOR rating from the NCTE REALM Contest

Istoria is North Stars Literary Magazine, where students meet after school to craft unique and out of the box magazines with work submitted by students.  The club has been run by one of North Stars leading English teachers Katherine Hill for the past 4 years. The Istoria team works hard throughout the year to curate an 88 page book that they have for sale and to hand out to the students and staff. 

Recently Istoria was entered into the NCTE REALM competition.The REALM program publicly recognizes excellent literary magazines produced by students with the support of their teachers. REALM is designed to encourage all schools to develop literary magazines that celebrate the art and craft of writing.  Schools in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, US territories, Canada, and American schools abroad are eligible to nominate magazines. This year, schools in 46 states and five countries nominated 375 student magazines. 

The Isoria staff can proudly say that they were awarded a SUPERIOR rating and was recognized by the NCTE. The Istoria team represented North Star in a bright light through their determination and hardwork sculpting a well crafted book that represents what North Star students can do. A big congratulations to all those in Isotria for a well deserved recognition!