North Star students show their pride with a Red, White, and Blue theme at Fridays game. The Gators beat the Fremont Tigers 28-17. Courtesy Photo
North Star students show their pride with a Red, White, and Blue theme at Friday’s game. The Gators beat the Fremont Tigers 28-17. Courtesy Photo

Gators Show True Colors

By Chase Martin/Gator Galaxy Staff

The North Star football team kicked off Friday night against the Fremont Tigers with the “Land of the free, and home of the Gators” theme, honoring the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attack. America’s colors filled Beechner field as the Gators took on the Tigers in a thrilling game, with North Star overpowering Fremont with a final score of 28-17.

North Star students show their pride with a Red, White, and Blue theme at Friday's game. The Gators beat the Fremont Tigers 28-17. Courtesy Photo

Junior Dalen Hoptmeier said, “It was so cool seeing the student section rowdy and in all sorts of American stuff. It really does give us a boost when we look up and see them.”

As the Gators took the field, chants of “USA! USA!” filled the crowd. Senior Jon Opfer, an avid participant in the Gator student section, said, “It’s awesome with such a huge student section that we can yell that loud and boost our guys up. It’s a great time.”

The Gators take on the Omaha Northwest Huskies Thursday in Omaha.