The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Cooper Reed (12)
Alexis Parde, Staff • May 2, 2024
UNL Basketball Player Inspires North Star Students
Ruby Swanson, Staff • May 1, 2024
North Star FBLA Leaves Impact at State Business Conference
Ezekiel Menter, Photo Editor • April 29, 2024

LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship

North Star’s National Honors Society held a Volleyball tournament on Thursday April 18th, to raise money for the Al Bock Scholarship Foundation. Both students and faculty participated, making for an amazing volleyball tournament for everyone watching. 

On the faculty side, the winning team overall from the tournament was the “gray” team that had beat the “blue” staff team. The staff from the winning team included Mrs. Cowan, Mr. Haag, Ms. Barent, Mr. Watson, Mr. Harris, and Ms. McBeth. The playoff in the winning match was intense, with spectators and alike sitting on the very edge of their seats. Senior Yearbook Photo Editor Josh Goodrich announced the tournament, helping to generate the already suspenseful atmosphere. 

On the other hand, students had an unexpected finale. The Sophomore boys team had beat the Senior boys Team at a revolting score of 2-0. According to Ms. Hill, an advisor for NHS, had stated, “The sophomore boys were ready to win, with multiple strong players. They were geared up and ready to play volleyball, while the senior boys had not prepared for that.” Though the seniors tried to put up a good fight, they ultimately failed. The sophomores came out on top in the end, to the seniors dismay. 

Both winning teams earned their own gold trophies, both staff and students very prideful of their success. With other teams may or may not have been sulking to their defeat, the event was overall a good time with many people participating and getting involved.