The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

Coloring Book Drive

Now until December 6th Ms. Kinney and her child development class are doing a coloring book drive to help The Hub. The Hub is dedicated to guiding young adults who are aging out of foster care and don’t currently have the resources to live on their own. Currently, The Hub is working towards gifting every young adult they work with, and their children, a holiday stocking. In an effort to give back to a program that has helped numerous North Star students, Ms. Kinney’s class is asking for colored pencils, markers, crayons and any other simple art supplies; all of which will be donated towards the stockings The Hub is creating. 

Ms. Kinney opted for this organization because she has worked closely with The Hub before and says that everyone there is extremely deserving of North Star’s kindness. “Helping others is also a great way to remember what all we have in our own lives. Being able to give back, even something small, like a coloring book, helps us to focus on others rather than just ourselves,” Kinney adds. 

Although the child development classes have just started planning this they are all super involved and excited to see the donations flow in. “I love that I am able to give back and put a smile on kids’ faces,” Ellie Meyer, a student in Ms. Kinney’s child development class, expressed. 

If you are interested in spreading the holiday spirit please consider donating. Drop boxes are located in the library, main office, counseling office, or the B116 classroom. The goal is 100 coloring books with a set of colored pencils, crayons, or markers to match.

View Comments (2)