The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

North Star’s NHS Chapter Gives Back to Lincoln Communities

Lincoln North Star’s National Honor Society chapter has been hard at work to give back to local clothing drives and to the North Star community. During the weeks before finals, the Outreach Committee worked hard to bring a clothing drive to the Bayou. Abbie Schroeder, the committee chair, had the idea to donate the clothing they received to an organization named, “A Warmer Day.” She said, “The Warmer day is an organization that focuses primarily on providing winter clothing such as coats, hats and gloves for those who are unable to buy or access this type of clothing so choosing them was pretty easy.” The National Honor Society believes it’s important to give away clothes that are no longer worn to organizations like A Warmer Day because it gives people security through the winter months. Clothing that doesn’t fall into the winter clothing category will be brought to the People’s City Mission. Abbie said, “Donating to both organizations will allow us to donate clothing to a broader scope of people in need.” To help the clothing drive involve the entire school, the teacher with the most clothing in their bins will be required to wear a gorilla costume for a day during finals week. 

Following the clothing drive, on the 15th of December, teachers will be able to go down to the library to indulge in donuts provided by the Service Committee. Morgan Person, the committee chair, said, “I think it’s really important to let the teachers know how much students appreciate them. The staff here at North Star are very supportive of the students and work really hard each day to help all students succeed. They work outside of school hours and just as hard as students do to further our education. Not many people notice or think about how much work they do and sometimes a small thing like a donut can make their day just a little bit better and give them encouragement to finish out the semester!” Teachers will be able to enjoy this snack from 7:30 am until 11:40 am in the teacher’s lounge off of the library. 

National Honor Society continues to work on projects to support the community inside and outside of North Star.