Fashion at Its Finest

North Star Student Not Afraid to Set Trends

By Kenzye Merryman and Shelbey White

When you think of style what do you imagine? The cutest outfit on the mannequin in the store, or something that you put together yourself?

Everyone is different when it comes to deciding what to wear as you get ready for the rest of your day. Everyone can be unique because there is no limit on style.

Sophomore Mercades Down has a unique look every single day. She dresses cute, but different than your average high school girl. “I don’t have a specific style I just dress like myself,” Down said.

Down said she is inspired by Lucy Hale, also known as Aria on the television show “Pretty Little Liars,” because she is so unique. “Your opinion of yourself is more important than what others think of you,” Down said. So students shouldn’t be afraid to express themselves through their own style.

In order to find your own style, “I don’t have a specific style I just dress like myself.” -Mercades Down (10) you have to figure out who or what inspires you. Don’t be afraid to try new things to see what works for you and what doesn’t. Check out magazines, or just wear what makes you the most comfortable. Fashion trends change over time, so finding items that may not go out of style quickly would be good to add to your wardrobe. You also have to make sure you are not violating any school dress codes with your new style.

Finding your own style is not always easy, but once you find it, make it your own.