The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

FCCLA Award Winners

FCCLA Award Winners

Two North Star students showed up and represented our school in a shining light at one of their recent competitions for FCCLA. FCCLA is a club that focuses on family consumer sciences and helps students find enrichment through their community, along with empowering them to learn more. Lucy Kor and Lydia Lamesa completed a STAR project to spread awareness about workplace safety, “Your STAR project allows you as a student to understand taking action with recognition,” stated Lucy. 

To become better informed on the requirements for successful businesses, they partnered with Rabbit Hole Bakery. Lydia explained that they interviewed one of the main workers, Amanda, who consistently works completely on her own who was extremely helpful to them throughout their process. “It inspired us to make our own version of a bakery that would better fit the needs of employees, by providing outlets that support good employee relationships and protocol,” said Lamesa. They received help on a blueprint for the bakery in order for them to create one of their own for their competition. Their project was displayed on a trifold poster board that included a printed floor plan model of their bakery, the name of their bakery was formally called The Sugar Studio. They also attached protocol lists pertaining to fire emergencies, other evacuations, and safety instructions to the board. Kor and Lamesa ended up doing very well at their competition getting bronze in their category. 

When asked how they felt about placing so well they both agreed that it felt really good to place when they didn’t expect to in the slightest. “ It was a big shock but in the best way”, said Lucy.  They were also asked what their favorite part about the project was and Lamesa answered, “ I enjoyed interviewing at the bakery, and getting to work with Lucy. She was a great partner.” Similarly, Lucy said, “My favorite part was getting to work with Lydia and getting to know more about her.”

Overall, these gators showed up and out at their competition. Not only showing their empowerment through their hard work and community enrichment, but through their respect for each other and the partnership formed. Once again North Star Gators go out and prove themselves, and bring amazing opportunities and accomplishments back with them. Congratulations!