The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Random Acts of Kindness Day

Random Acts of Kindness Day

This year, National Random Acts of Kindness Day lands on a Saturday. This national day is celebrated on February 17th each year. It has continued to grow in popularity as the years go by. It first originated in 1995 in Denver, Colorado and spread to other parts of the world as time went on. The main idea behind this day is to make the world a little brighter and better by simply having kind gestures, words, and actions.

There are many examples of how an individual can display kindness. Whether it’s holding the door open for someone or giving someone a compliment, the deed has the same result; boosted mood, reduced stress, and brings us inner peace. The small acts of kindness may seem nothing more than a little kind gesture, but in reality they have a greater impact than one might think. When senior Kaitlyn Cornett was asked about the last time she did something nice and how it made her feel, she responded, “I helped bag a lady’s groceries and it made me feel great to help her.” Something as simple as helping someone bag groceries has the ability to create a sense of pleasure. This sense of pleasure then helps create a positive environment, which leads to a more connected world.