The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

North Star FBLA Leaves Impact at State Business Conference
Ezekiel Menter, Photo Editor • April 29, 2024
Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

Kildow Celebrates Breaking School Record

Carson Kildrow poses after his big accomplishment.

In the spring months, boys golf kicked off in full swing. Our team has excelled with new talent and continued expertise. The season began at Mahoney Golf Course in a quad style tournament. An experienced golf player, Junior Carson Kildow, celebrates breaking a school record. He said, “It feels good to break a record, I have been working hard for a long time.” He continued, “It feels good to see practice pay off.” Kildow has been playing golf for around 7 years now, he said, “I have always been around the game but only began tournaments in elementary school.” 

His family was a big reason for his love and talent for golf, he said, “I got into golfing because my mom golfed in college.” He shared that she has always loved watching him play. North Star is excited to see where Kildow ends up at the end of his season and throughout his high school career. 

Junior Beaudree Ball, a rookie this year, tests out the waters with golf. Ball said, “I decided to go out for golf this year because I wanted to try something new.” One of Ball’s friends, Junior Jacob Mustard encouraged him to go for it which also swayed his decision to try out. 

When asked what his favorite course to play on, Ball said “Pioneers Golf Course because it challenges me to be a better player.” After warming up to the season with the first few meets, Beaudree set up a few goals for himself. Ball said, “I want to obviously keep decreasing my overall scores during my meets, I’m aiming to break 90 by the end of the season.” He continued and said, “I really want to try and make it to state alongside many of my teammates.” 

Beaudree Ball also participated in football this past fall playing on the varsity team. When asked how participating in golf helps him with the other sports he plays, he responded by saying, “It teaches discipline and how to stay calm during upsetting situations.” He continued, “On the golf course it’s customary to stay quiet, so that aspect has helped me learn to calm.” Ball shows extraordinary talent that North Star is lucky to have. Our school is excited to see where the golf team ends up this year.