LNS Theatre Performs “The Addams Family Musical.”

Lincoln North Star Theatre is putting on “The Addams Family Musical” March 3 through March 5 in the auditorium.

The show explains the life of the very eccentric Addams Family, who have a taste for death and all things dark. Wednesday, played by senior Breanna Pfanstiel is the oldest child of Gomez, played by senior Kaedyn Campbell, and Morticia Addams, played by senior Miriam Kluck.

Wednesday falls in love with a boy, Lucas Beineke, played by junior Eli Bryan and has to convince her parents to allow Lucas and his ‘normal’ parents to have dinner, while Lucas has to convince his parents, senior TJ Lopez, and sophomore Kailee Trumble, to look past the morbid and mysterious life of the Addamses.

This show will be an emotional one for seniors performing on the North Star stage for the last time.

In the song “Happy Sad” Gomez (Campbell) sings about how much he is going to miss his daughter as she grows up and moves on to better things. The seniors have used this song to represent their last days on the North Star stage, growing up and moving on out of high school.

“It has definitely been a rollercoaster. I’ve been in every show since my freshman year of high school and I couldn’t have asked for a more better experience,” said Campbell.

Even though seniors leave every year, the process is just as hard for director Brenda Broeker. “My heart hurts every time I have to have the last show with my seniors. If only they knew how much they change me…and always for the better.”

The juniors are also looking forward to being the top-dogs next year, but are sad the seniors are leaving. “I can’t believe that’s going to be me and my class next year. It’s a plethora of emotions,” said junior Taylor Yaussi.

“The Addams Family Musical” just had their opening night, but they will be on stage on Friday, at 7 p.m., and Saturday at 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.