The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Josh Goodrich Places in Yearbook Spread Layout
Mateen Younis, Staff • April 26, 2024
Enchanted Night for North Star
Enchanted Night for North Star
Braelyn Marshall, Assistant Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024
LNS National Honor Society Raises Money for Al Bock Scholarship
Angela Klipic, Jr. Editor-in-Chief • April 19, 2024

Valentine’s Season at LNS

Valentine’s day has officially passed, but it’s still the season of love and we’ve seen it everywhere in the swamp. The LNS Student Council, as well as the National Honor Society, both had sales during the same week where they sold merchandise to the masses at North Star. Both of these groups, expressing their success, were satisfied with how everything went and are still excited for future selling opportunities within the school. During the week of February 5th to the 9th, Student Council sold their “Crush Cans” which came with the option to also purchase the privilege to reveal who sent a Crush Can to you. That’s assuming you got one of course. This went on for about a week where the Student Council sold during both lunches, and a few days after school. The National Honor Society on the other hand, were caught selling little ducks for Valentine’s day during the same week. The two groups were right beside each other whilst they were selling.

Students were able to buy both items during the week of February 5th to the 9th, where the Crush Cans cost $1 to send to someone and $2 to reveal who sent the can to you. NHS sold their ducks for $2 a duck, and $3 for a duck with candy.

Current Student Council member Addi Brooks had this to say about her experience selling Crush Cans for StuCo, “Everything went really good actually, our goal was to sell 50 cans but we ended up selling 250. We’d usually sell after school for 15 minutes as well, and everything still went smoothly”.

Although the week in which StuCo and NHS were selling their goodies has passed, that doesn’t mean that is all for the entire year. There’s going to be more opportunities to buy something for yourself, or maybe even for another person, from these two groups later in the year. Fourth quarter opens up even more opportunities for these groups to do more things, so it’s important to just be on the lookout for advertisements posted around the school and online.