The Student News Site of Lincoln North Star High School

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

Gator Galaxy

British Invasion! In the North Star Music Department
Josh Goodrich, Sr. Photo Editor • May 3, 2024
Kickin’ it with the Gators
Kickin’ it with the Gators
Adrian Ho, Staff • May 3, 2024
Swamp Shop Revival
Swamp Shop Revival
Victoria Kissima, Staff • May 3, 2024

North Star Welcomes New Counselor

Mr. Weatherholt joins the North Star counseling department this year
Rick+Weatherholt+poses+in+his+counseling+office.+
Rub
Rick Weatherholt poses in his counseling office.

NNorth Star welcomed Mr. Weatherholt this year as a counselor coming out of retirement after 28 years of being a counselor and teacher.

Before now, Weatherholt worked as an online counselor for years through the University of Nebraska during the pandemic. Weatherholt expresses, “I missed the normal interaction of working one on one with others”, so the transition from a counselor at the University to High School was a simple one.

The tough question for him was which high school he wanted to go to. When asked what made him choose North Star out of the many options offering him the same position he said, “I loved the feel about North Star compared to the other schools. There was a sense of pride that came from this school and the variety of activities really drew me in.”

Even though Weatherholt has only been here for a few weeks, he’s already fallen in love with the community and diversity, with everyone’s inclusivity and their willingness to help each other. Weatherholt continues to explain, “I’m very glad to be here joining my brother to be a part of this school, something bigger and better than I ever have been a part of.”

North Star welcomes our newest addition to the counseling staff with open arms and hope that he will fall in love with this school as much as this school has fallen in love with him.