Northeast Fire Disrupts School Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Northeast Fire Disrupts School Day

Jessica Black, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






“ I just want all my belongings back.” said Northeast senior Shelby Bloom after smoke alarms went off in the school during 6th period on Wednesday, Oct 25.

A fire in the third floor bathroom had so much smoke that students were evacuated. The fire appears to have been started inside a boy’s bathroom trash can. “I was on the third floor and I smelled fire but couldn’t see smoke coming out of it,” Bloom said.

All activities were cancelled after school Wednesday for the safety of the students. No reported injuries of students or staff, and the condition of the building sustained little damage.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue kept Northeast closed until Thursday morning.

Students had to wait to get their belongings back, when Northeast resumed class Thursday morning.