North Star Gators Help With Assembly

By Christina Nevitt/Gator Galaxy Advisor

It was an important day at Campbell Elementary School today.  It was the school’s first Coyote Pride Assembly of the year.  An assembly that honors students in each grade level for their hard work and citizenship in and out of the classroom.

North Star High School varsity volleyball players and cheerleaders celebrate with Campbell Elementary School’s Coyote Pride Award winners after an assembly on Sept. 28.

Campbell students were also surprised with some special guests.  Olympian Jordan Larson was on hand, and spoke to the students about setting goals and working hard to achieve those goals.  She said she started setting her goals to become an Olympic athlete at the age of 12.

Campbell students were also visited by the North Star varsity volleyball team, as well as the varsity cheerleaders, and Al the Gator.  Volleyball team captains seniors Mallory Bremes, Lizzy Bales, and Jaelynn Griess talked to students about setting goals and working hard in the classroom.  Bremes said all the volleyball players work hard to keep their grades up, and that the students should work hard in school, because you can’t work to achieve your goals without a good education.  Senior cheer captians Emilie Ashenbach and Mikaelah Molifua, and senior Ruth Nwaturuocha also spoke about the hard work it takes to be involved in may different types of activities, but that being a student should be the number one priority.

Senior Mikaelah Molifua, center, celebrates with Dallas Paxton, left, and Tyson Paxton after the two boys were each selected to receive the Coyote Pride Award during an assembly at Campbell Elementary School Sept. 28. The Paxton’s older siblings are North Star graduates.

Many Campbell students were then honored with Coyote Pride awards.  The medals were presented by Jordan Larson.  The school holds their Coyote Pride Assembly on the last Friday of each month.