The “Proffitt-cy” Fullfilled

By Schylar Nash, Gator Galaxy Staff

Senior Andre Proffitt  “The Proffitt” is another one of North Star’s hidden musicians. “When I was little, I became good at writing and I started writing lyrics. Once I hit high school, I started recording a lot with Darrel Ofodirinwa (12) as a group and now we’re starting to become solo,” said Proffitt.

Album art courtesy of Andre Proffitt
Album art courtesy of Andre Proffitt

Proffitt is the first person in his family to have a passion for music. When he met Ofodirinwa in fifth grade they clicked automatically. The two fifth graders would just start rapping out of nowhere all the time; they eventually took it more serious. Proffitt often looked up to Ofodirnwa’s brother, who was a well-known rapper around Lincoln.

Proffitt doesn’t sing or dance or a play an instrument, he only raps. He gets his beats from his producer, Clarkwork. He just writes what feels right after hearing his beats. Proffitt has also worked with Rhode Island; he now has to send songs over email. Not only has Proffitt worked with Ofodirinwa, but also Sic Cezar, Durock, and Yzzle D3F. He currently isn’t signed with anybody but Greedy Records has offered, he would like to stay independent for now.

Proffitt’s goal is to keep working on music and try to expand. He currently has two CD’s out. Collateral Damage is his first CD and contains 15 songs, and Ofodirinwa is featured in a couple of those songs.  His second CD just came out and is called Captownstate of mind, which contains 17 songs and also features Ofodirinwa. You can buy his newest CD from him or at the 402 in the mall for $3. Also, listen to Ofodirinwa’s CDs and you will find that Proffitt is featured in a couple of his songs. Maybe you would like to hear a couple of tracks before purchasing Proffitt’s CD? You can listen to them at www.myspace.com/captownstateofmind. “The Proffitt”